PDA

View Full Version : New spot stunk...

Kevin Lee
02-10-2009, 10:36 PM
I started off the afternoon running all over the bay checking the accuracy of the map on my GPS unit. Ended up putting about 11 miles on the snowmobile and was pretty wet by the time I actually started fishing! I had several "fishy looking" spots I've been wondering about and wanted to see if the contours on the map matched what I found when checking depths. Some were perfect, some were way off! The first spot was dead on, so I might try there my next time out. Anyway, the spot I tried tonight was 45 feet. Didn't really mark much at all until about 6:00 pm. Then I caught a couple throwbacks, then another that no matter how I measured, was only 14 3/4". A couple minutes later I hooked a 17 1/2 incher. Then maybe 5 minutes later, a nice 10 1/2 inch perch. Then it was over. While it was a fun 25 minutes or so, it's not going to feed the family! My wife and I tried another new spot last Saturday and it stunk too. Ended up with 2 Whitefish and a 22 inch walleye. We were in 40 feet of water and could actually see bottom! That's getting "scary clear". Ain't no wonder it's getting so hard to get the fish to hit. I don't think I have ever seen so many fish look at the bait but not bite as I have this year. Oh well, it still beats working...

birddog94
02-11-2009, 10:36 AM
:o First time in a long time fishing anywhere that I've been skunked.. Can dito the fact only marked fish for a short time. Kept playing with my bait never to take the whole thing.. Glad to see someone pull something out.. When fishing oout of Kipiling yesterday, someone must have hooked into a dandy I heard hooting and holerin for close to 15 min. I figured that they must have missed it considering that they were still carring on for that long.