PDA

View Full Version : Monday results...:(

jigrapper
02-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Was able to get out again and I had high hopes for a better bite with the warm weather change this past weekend finally breaking the cold snap. Wrong......very slow bite. Lots of lookers but no takers. Partner had his camera down and it showed the poor bite. Even the perch were "lookers" only. Managed 1 nice whitefish and several little walleye. Judging from talking to a few guys and seeing lots of movement....not a whole lot happening. BOY this has been a TOUGH bite this year!!!!!

corby
02-09-2009, 09:45 PM
I had the same results on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning. I was fishing south of Gladstone, and had plenty of lookers, but no takers...very frustrating...Corby

birddog94
02-09-2009, 09:46 PM
still fishing out of kipiling or were you further south today... Contemplating the trip down tommorrow..Put out a few tip-ups for pike this afternoon,no takers..Caught a few perch Sun.. in Iron County Sun.. Bite wasn't till 11...Have been told perch at least large one's sometimes bite like walleye's late in the day???

jigrapper
02-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Birddog..sp? Been fishing straight out from Kipling in 30-36 feet of water. Only caught small walleye the last 2 trips. Perch are around but not in any numbers. We know this because of using the aqua-vu camera. We've been moving around --trying to find a concentration of fish. No luck this past week.

Today even the perch were lockjawed!!!