PDA

View Full Version : sonar and chartplotter question

rustyman
02-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Looking to upgrade my electronics this spring. Wondering if any of you have preferences. I've been looking at the eagle 640c and maybe a small screen combo for the front. The small one almost looks too small to have up front though. The thing is I'm on a modest budget set by the boss, I mean my wife, so the side scan lowrance is out of the question. I have a garmin and eagle now and like the eagle and hate the garmin. Any of your opinions or feedback will be appreciated. Thanks

Mike Hulbert
02-06-2009, 06:59 PM
I use Lowrance electronics. I pesonally feel they are the best out there. I run the big 10 inch screen Lowrance X112C GPS combo unit, which if you can swing, they are worth every penny.

If you are looking for a gps combo unit, I really wouldn't go under the 8.5-7 inch screen.

Thorne Bros in Minnesota are have a clearance on their last years units. I would check out the LCX-37c's and the LCX-27c's.

MuskyRuss
02-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Looking to upgrade my electronics this spring. Wondering if any of you have preferences. I've been looking at the eagle 640c and maybe a small screen combo for the front. The small one almost looks too small to have up front though. The thing is I'm on a modest budget set by the boss, I mean my wife, so the side scan lowrance is out of the question. I have a garmin and eagle now and like the eagle and hate the garmin. Any of your opinions or feedback will be appreciated. Thanks

I agree with Mike...Lowrance is the best..I have the LCX 38CHD...same as Mikes but has a 8.5" screen...