PDA

View Full Version : Recently purchased Costa Del Mar

Trooper
02-03-2009, 08:51 AM
I just recently purchased a pair of Costa Del Mar in the Manowar, 400 glass with amber lenses. I took them down to my local steam and was very disappointed. I could could see carp in the water with my cheap mart glasses in amber and barely with the Costa's. The weather was about 38 degrees and overcast. I am planning on sending them back. For all of you Costa's owners, did I get the wrong color len's. I called Costa's up and they said I picked the right color but they suggested on upgrading to the 580 in a Green Mirror Lens. Any one have any input or suggestions. Hate to pay more money for the upgrade and have same propblem.

Thanks

cband
02-03-2009, 10:01 AM
I was set on purchasing a set of costas with the 580 Lenses in Green Mirror last season. I went to a large dealer in North Carolina while on vacation to try them out. There was a slight difference in the 580 compared to the carbonate lenses. I would say that I liked the green mirror over any other lense. After I tried every type on, I just had to face the fact that they didn't fit my big head correctly-so I did not purchase them. Ask Costa if you could return the 580 if your not happy with them either.

R Findlan
02-03-2009, 10:06 AM
I use the ocean waves in back water green lens so maybe the other lens would work better.