PDA

View Full Version : Did I ring the bell this week Ice Fishing?

DSmith
01-31-2009, 10:06 AM
Friday morning was a sad time because I had to leave Bay Store Camp after Ice Fishing for 4 days. Thanks Frank for all you do in making our stay so enjoyable. The weather was cold but not too windy and the snow held off most of the time. Tell Scarlet that I am sorry for sitting in her place in the Bomber and will not do it again.

The fish also cooperated and at times the bite was non stop. There were 3 of us and our totals were 359 Walleye/Sauger, 38 Jumbo Perch, 5 Whitefish, and 4 Burbot. Although we did not get to ring the bell, many quality fish were caught. The largest Walleye 23", Perch 14 1/2", Whitefish who wants to touch them for measurements, and Burbot 24", I think, because it wouldn't stop curling up. The most impressive thing was the fact that over half of our fish were in the 17-19" class and very healthy.

Gissert's and TBone's recommendations for using a tip down was right on the money and very easy to make. Of course, without the knowledge of the lake that Frank has, the trip might have been different. By the way Dennis, I was not able to fish the SECRET HOUSE as minnow delivery was more important at the time. It is all yours but let me know how you do there.

Illinois Dennis
01-31-2009, 10:30 AM
Dick, thanks for the report; sounds like a great trip! No time for the super spot.... that's a puzzle. I want to say our biggest fish came off that spot- without the comforts of a house. I'll let you know how we do; still trying to pin the guys down on a date in late March.

I'm ringin that bell first time I see it, just cause......

Ps: was a bugger to log in, took three times with redirects; seems like something has changed.

BWold
01-31-2009, 12:20 PM
Caution.........illegal ringing of the bell will be dealt with in a swift and precise manner involving some F16's flying over your house and dropping some "stinky" stuff!!! Courtesy of the 115th FW!

Frank Walsh
01-31-2009, 03:34 PM
But who's counting?????

fishwizard
01-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Ringing that bell without just cause is some seriously bad mojo! Evil voodoo curse sent forth by the fish gods. No one will stop you Dennis, but you've been warned.

Illinois Dennis
02-01-2009, 04:08 PM
You are what you believe. Good Luck with all that Evil voodoo and bad mo-jo Wiszzzz!