PDA

View Full Version : Bucktail of Choice???

Marc Reynolds
01-29-2009, 08:47 PM
Yo Mike,

As I put a few bucks away from each check I get to save for new baits for the up coming season, I was wondering what you thought about the differences/choices in bucktails out there. Do you have a preference when picking a bucktail to throw whether it has flashabou like the DCG the silicone of a DC-10 or the marabou of a Supergirl/Shumway type bait. I know there are times and places for each bucktail, but I was just wondering if you had a preference between the three? I like throwing all three, but I was just wondering what you and the other people out there thought about the different styles of bucktails and what you would prefer if you were going to pick a style out those three.

Thanks,

Marc

Mike Hulbert
02-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Marc,

I would stick with two, the rubber/silicone and the flashabou.

I really like the DC-10's and have put a lot of fish in the boat on these.
I also highly suggest getting some Spanky Baits as well. VERY VERY strong wire, thicker blades for super SLOW rolling and they cast a lot easier in the wind as well.

Also, both companies will tie you up whatever you need colorwise.

Marc Reynolds
02-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Nice, thanks for the info Mike. I looked at Spanky Baits site, thats tight they will tie up custom colors and their prices aren't ridiculous. I will have to think of some good combinations and get an order in here.

Thanks Mike,

Marc