PDA

View Full Version : Lake Erie Charter Fishing On Ice

Captain Tom Straus
01-26-2009, 09:33 AM
Well folks I witnessed some of the best Lake Erie Charter Fishing on Ice that I ever seen. Saturday, January 24, was unbelievable, fisherman flocked to Catawba State Park in Port Clinton OH was packed in like sardines. The limits were frequent and most caught fish in the 24" to 31" range. Most are using litle cleo's in the blue/silver tipped with minnows, also jigging rapalas,blue/silver, firetiger and chartruese. Most were only fishing 1.25 miles west of the State Park in 21 feet of water. My 1rst mate Willey was out with 4 other guys from Defiance Ohio and they caught 27 walleyes, the smallest was 24" and there largest fish was 31". Willey reported that it was the best Lake Erie Fishing he'd ever experieced. Also fisherman were departing from Camp Perry and Crane Creek State Park. Ice was very safe @ 14" to 20". Also a good spot was the wreck on charts just south of the A Can.

Sir Walter
01-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi Tom, new to the forum and I was wondering if you could reccommend an ice guide? I know how Lake erie can be if you aren't familiar with the ice conditions. You can be on 12 inches one minute and a few yards away it can be 3 inches. I know there is safety in numbers, but I would feel a lot better with an experienced guide. Thanks, Tom O'Harris

Pier Chaos
01-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Sounds great. Are you walking out there?

Captain Tom Straus
01-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Hope you got my reply, let me know if you got reply..Kenny Wilkens is a local he is a Lake Erie Walleye Fishing guide, his phone number is 419-463-4476, He knows what he is doing. Let me know if he is not available I can get some one else.

Sir Walter
01-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks Tom, got your PM also. I'll give Bill a call after work today and see if I can get something lined up mid week. I like weekdays better then weekends, seems less crowded. Tom O.