PDA

View Full Version : Minnows

Ragboy
01-24-2009, 09:09 AM
I am coming up in a few weeks and I am looking for someone that sells 6-8 inch suckers and 5-6 shiners. Any help would be great.

pikeman
01-24-2009, 10:09 AM
There are a couple of baitshops in the area. You can go see Chris( the bait shop guy) at Bayview or there is a baitshop at the Kipling launch.

The Bait Shop Guy
01-24-2009, 07:31 PM
We normally have those big suckers on hand, but sometimes they are in limited supply. For example, we ran out of them this weekend because our bait guys didn't have any. We get our fresh bait in on Friday mornings and try to stock up for the weekend. You may want to call ahead of time to see what the supply is like. Due to limited tank space this time of year, we really can't set any aside to hold for somebody. Unfortunately, due to the new VHS regs, you can no longer legally bring bait across the border from Wisconsin if the supplies are low up here.

For the shiners, are you looking for goldies? We've been having a hard time getting large golden shiners this year - 5 to 6 inches tops. None of those big slabs 6 inches+. In years past, we used to get some really big lake shiners mixed in with our sucker minnows, but that was when we got some of our bait from a different bait dealer that's no longer in business. We vary rarely ever see those big shiners mixed in the bait anymore (and when we do, I keep them for myself!:D )

Ragboy
01-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the info. I will call you when we arrive. What time on Friday's does your supplier typically arrive (just in case)?

The Bait Shop Guy
01-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Normally they are at the shop by 10am Eastern time.