PDA

View Full Version : mid winter walleyes

Todd Bohm
01-20-2009, 08:02 PM
The walleye bite is still going strong on a number of area waters with fish up to 30" being taken. Tip-ups with shiners or suckers continue to be the most consistent means of taking fish but anglers are also reporting good luck jigging for fish. Dawn and dusk seem to be the most productive times but anglers are also reporting a strong night bite on some local waters. Take a kid fishing

See you on the water
Todd

Joel DeBoer
01-21-2009, 10:17 PM
As Todd mentioned, jigging has been pretty good - especially from the confines of a heated Frabill ice-shack! Buckshot Rattle spoons and hardbaits such as Jiggin Rapalas have been good; best colors have been gold, orange, and perch. Remember to tip your lure with a minnow head - it's been making a big difference!

Tight lines,

Todd Bohm
01-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Fished again this evening. Best action came between 4:30-6:00 pm I caught so many walleyes, I lost count. Granted many of the fish were under 15", I did manage to catch 7 that were between 16" and 23". All fish came jigging in 12-15' of water on a hump coming up from 23'. Fish were caught on Northland's Buckshot Rattle spoons with a fathead head on the hook. Sorry no pictures- hard to take those by yourself. Take a kid fishing.

See you on the water
Todd