PDA

View Full Version : Perchin.....?

jigrapper
01-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Are the perch hittin' out from the Kipling landing? Before the ice got thick enuff to drive out, I used to walk out from the oil tanks and fish just north of the boat channel and get some perch ...when they were cooperating!!

Haven't been able to get over that way for a few weeks now. Just wondering if anyone has been getting any perch lately in the upper bay?? Thanks

upangler
01-19-2009, 05:00 PM
I pick up the occasional perch (about 1 or 2 a day) fishing for walleye with jigging raps in the deeper water (20' - 22'), but haven't specifically targeted them.
I talked to some guys that were getting them way up in the North end by Garth Point about a week ago in 8' - 10' of water, but said the fish were skittish..
Brett

peanutbutter soup
01-23-2009, 09:01 PM
getting some perch 16 fow west bank...pink teardrop with a 2" minnow is best...also getting a few on wigglers....got 12 monday 3 wed 5 thurs and 7 today....good luck.... see you on the bay!!

jigrapper
01-28-2009, 08:18 PM
I was over to the bay a week ago today.......fishin for perch. Only managed to get a few. Most fishing posts on here target walleye, but I'd rather chase the perch!! Planning another trip over in the next day or two. Any updates at all......thanks.