PDA

View Full Version : Seminar topics

Ty Sennett
01-19-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm getting a couple seminars together right now and want to know what everyone wants to learn in a seminar. What are the topics you like or dislike in a seminar?

Better to cover what people want rather than what you think they want.

twells
01-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Ty,
I would like to see more seminars on understanding your electronics or apporaching a spot and things to look for. Mainly on the second one of why you fish a spot versus another and how you approach your set up on it.

releaseher
01-19-2009, 02:15 PM
i would like to see one on weather patterns, and more specifically wind and how to use them properly to increase your chances of tying into fish.

Musky Mason
01-19-2009, 02:22 PM
I would like to learn how, when, and with what you catch big muskies on the Chip with and in what conditions are best.

Musky Mason

JSM
01-19-2009, 02:59 PM
This may be repetitive, but I would not mind hearing your thoughts on factors that influence your lure selection (e.g., location/structure, weather, season, etc).

Ty Sennett
01-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Good to hear all the points of interest. Some things I take for granted when it comes to fishing that I should write or talk more about. Thank you very much for the input. I'll have to touch on all of them at the upcoming seminars at Milwaukee and the Road Rules seminar the following week.

JERRY LARSON
01-20-2009, 09:38 AM
how about areas to fish when the wind is to strong to be in,what do you look for then in a spot

IllinoisRip
01-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Seems like a lot of great ideas for discussion here. Thought maybe you could use a catchy topic title for your seminar....."why 10% of the fishermen caught 90% of the fish" We have observed that fact so many times in cleaning stations and fish huts amidst our travels over the years. I would not assume too many clients you take out know 10% of what you do. They are usually too embarrassed to ask a dumb question. The difference between you and others is your willingness to share you knowledge. Thanks

DMBFID
01-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Hey Ty,
How about... why you take all your clients to the honey holes and you take Razor and I for boat rides year after year? I love Rangers.
-Fidler

scottwebster
01-20-2009, 09:01 PM
I want to know why i'm in the right spot at the wrong time and the wrong spot most of the time. Actually how you decide your spots. As far as what to look for at different times of day/weather etc. Can you give a private seminar at the MN show? I won't be at the others.Just kidding!

Ty Sennett
01-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Private seminar Scott? That just sounds creepy.
Timing is a pretty big issue though. That's a tough one to figure out some years. Sometimes you have to log a lot of hours to figure it out.

Fidler, I like to watch Ray's hair blow in the wind.:eek: I thought you would think I was working harder if I put more hours on the motor. Also, you guys always just pick the days that make for good boat rides.

Seriously though, I think I might take each of your individual seminar topics and write up a little blurb on it. That will help me out also to get things rolling for the seminars. I'll start in on it tomorrow.

Thanks a ton guys,

RobertTB
01-20-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm brain dead.

I wanna' know why, just WHY in the wide, wide world of sports, WHY do we fling ourselves into the exasperating endeavour of Muskie fishing ?

For those of you who actually catch fish on a regular basis, I am sure there are infinite good answers. However, for those of us who sporadically catch one, (like dangling a carrot in front of the mule) what insane motivation possesses us to continue the madness ?

Hmmm...perhaps the nice boat ride is the true answer. Mmmm, wind in the hair, the smell of burnt oil and fuel, the occasional splash of refreshing lake spray, the call of the loon, the eagle, the otter. Ahhhhh. Yes.

Never mind.

Downsouth
01-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Hey Ty...

A seminar subject matter that would probably address a lot of people's questions might be "Logical Lure Selection". Even after about ten years now I still find myself unsure at times whether to go with a topwater, or a bucktail, or a jerkbait. And then there's the color thing: dark or light? natural or gaudy? How fast to retrieve the bait in what conditions, etc.
Those are the questions I’m usually asking myself.

Ray Perry
01-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Ty I have a few ideas for seminars:

1) "Follow the Gubill to catch more musky"

you could start with to attract gubills you must yell as loud as you can when talking.

2) "Negative thinking leads to more Muskies in the boat"

And my favorite

3) "Why boat control in a Ranger is better than in an Aluminium Boat"

You may have to do this one next year. We could film Fidler and I (novice fisherman) fishing out of your Ranger and you out of Fidlers Bass Tracker (the chicks love it when we cover up the B on his boat. HaHa only an idiot would do that). You can point out how easy it is for a novice fisherman to control the ranger boat. Then show an expert like you struggling with the aluminium boat. I think we could video this in only a few days of fishing.

Go Steelers
Ray

Ray Perry
01-21-2009, 03:32 PM
About driving Fidler all over the lake. Is this why we have to pay $500 when your website says a day of fishing is only $380?

A question for others out there that take Ty. Does he have to refill the Ranger with gas twice a day like he does with us?

All in good fun
Ray

DMBFID
01-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Ty, RACKED on the hair comment!
Ray, wow was number 3 funny!

Ty, let me handle the last question... Ray, I think I have to confess something... we are paying more than everyone else because that is the deal I struck with Ty just to keep taking him as a guide. You see Ray, he didn't have the heart to tell you he didn't want to fish with you anymore, so that is why we pay so much every year. I guess the reason was because you disappoint so much by sleeping in the local bars every year we go up there???

Ty Sennett
01-22-2009, 09:00 AM
If only everyone knew you guys to see that your stories actually happen. Too much. I can't wait for the Road Rules in Milwaukee! You two never disappoint.