PDA

View Full Version : Ice Race Fishin' ???

big pike
01-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Hey has anyone heard of or maybe have been fishing up by the West Gladstone Bridge lately, I've been hearing that's it's a good spot for walleyes. Went up there Sunday to check and there wasn't one line down, course them ice races were going on too. anyway just wanted to know.

kronkus
01-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Hey has anyone heard of or maybe have been fishing up by the West Gladstone Bridge lately, I've been hearing that's it's a good spot for walleyes. Went up there Sunday to check and there wasn't one line down, course them ice races were going on too. anyway just wanted to know.

Yeah i heard there was alot of high speed walleyes and northerns out there to catch !!!! :D

big pike
01-22-2009, 01:43 PM
where'd you hear that all them walleye and northens were hitting. i talked to a guy and he said there wasn't a shack out or a line down.

SheHateMe
01-22-2009, 03:11 PM
I use to ice fish there river first ice and did ok on walleye and pike. Take the access road that leads back to the dam. There is a wooden fishing pier, right out in front of that is a pretty good weed bed. As you move to the west it will slop down into the river channel. It goes from about 8 fow to 30 fow pretty quick. I have caught pike up on the shallow side and on the slope. The only place I have ever caught walleyes is down in the channel.

big pike
01-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks I'll give it a shot!!