PDA

View Full Version : Were you’re ears ringing today Frank?

Ed Spoerl
01-17-2009, 06:26 PM
So there I was in the basement of a certain muskie bait maker by the name of Gerry this morning. As Gerry was bagging up my order of Gerry’s girls and Gerry’s kids I was looking around the shop at all the pretty stuff hanging from pegs, then out of the corner of my eye I spotted something lurking from the floor beams. There was heavy duty copper red spinner bait with a note on it that simply read “Frank Walsh”. Something tells me Frank that you have a real winner there! Hell the wire he used for that bait could tow an Airbus 320 out of the water!

For those of you looking for a great deal on custom double blade 8,9,10,12 or 13 flashaboou or silicone skirted buck tails, give Gerry a call. What a super nice gentleman and the price is right also!

Gerry’s email gerryandroz@sbcglobal.net

Ed

BWold
01-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Heck Ed............I think that Gerry should rename that color combination eihter Uncle Frank or The Walsh! Lord knows there isn't a soul on LOTW that puts that color to use more than Uncle Frank. I know when I am up there this coming summer, I am going into a certain area that has come to be known as "Uncle Frank's Playground" and that is the color I will be slinging. Frank, I am sure you know of the spot I am speaking of! Pearson took me there, believe he caught a 45" that morning, but not the ones we went there to dance with!!!!!!

Muskie Junkie
01-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Gerry makes a quality bait and is a top notch guy. He will make any color combination that you want, and he has a major variety of blades and skirts to choose from. I too have purchased a couple of red and copper double 10's from him and have new one I can not wait to use this coming summer. I will have to get some of his Gerry's kids for this spring and in case we run into a cold start to summer when the Flatlanders arrive. :D

Steve

Frank Walsh
01-19-2009, 04:05 PM
No fair talking about these things in the middle of winter. Maybe.....Just maybe, that light at the end of the tunnel is not a freight train!

catchandrelease
04-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Kenosha, WI

NETim
04-22-2010, 05:20 PM
I too have fallen victim to the red/copper fad. Even boated some fish with it.

dpear
04-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Well first as to Wold,'Uncle Franks playground'has become 'Uncle Franks graveyard' cause its been decimated by me and MY color of Gerrys famous lures.
As to the old,worn out colored pattern of red/copper let me state a few salient facts.Its really a complicated mish mash of Snells Law and Fresnel equations but simplified it boils down to red/copper producing a flash whereby its light waves 'phase velocity'alters the waters refractive index in a unique way.The problem though,on the stained water of the Angle,is that this uniqueness is effective on the fish eye receptors only in that limited depth range where shallow water drops off into the abyss.
My secret color on the other hand is composed of 'metamaterials' that produce a 'total refraction phenomena' that works everywhere in the water column and occasional even attracts bird species.(terns,gulls,et al)
So folks,its all science and I urge you to stay with red/copper.
Thank you and good fishing.
Fata Morgana.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refraction

NETim
04-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Sigh... I remember when fishin' was simple. A handful of familiar lures in comely colors was all a guy needed. Now, if one isn't up on latest matter/anti-matter conversion rates for warp field generators, ya might as well stay home.

Still, I'd jump at the chance to teach T'Pol how to Figure 8.

Illinois Dennis
04-23-2010, 12:05 PM
While Professor Plum’s words are always coveted for there shear poetry, don’t be fooled by the ole Jeddi Mind trick.

Purple has been a PROVEN color for the upper 25 feet water column on LOTWs. Prismic tape that looks purple to the eye shows hints of blue under certain light sources; don’t let that distract you…. Purple is purple, if you have the correct materials.

Sorry Dick, cat’s out of the bag.

dpear
04-23-2010, 01:11 PM
'Metamaterials' are the name of the game when refraction is mentioned.The old 'angle of the dangle' trick.
Of course always check with your certified eye professional before use to make sure refraction is right for you AND,should you get a refraction that lasts for more than 4 hours discontinue use and seek professional help.