PDA

View Full Version : Missed the big one

SmokerCraft161
01-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Me and my buddy fished south of gladstone in 31FOW this morning, Pretty slow until around 9:30, than started picking up fish on the graph. Nothing would make them bite until I tryed a tiny swedish pimple, the smallest they make. It was Purple and I tipped it with a 3" minnow. we started nailing them getting 4 eaters around 17" and I caught a 27" that I put back. Then around 11:30 my graph marked a Very Large fish. My buddy put down a Shiver minnow and I still had the pimple. after a good 10 minutes of jigging I sat my rod down to go get a tip up that had went off when my pole just got slamed. I grabbed my pole and started fighting the fish, got it all the way to the hole and went to grab my gaff, and it shook the hook. This fish was easly 30" and a good 11lbs. By far the biggest fish I WOULD have caught. It was a real blast fighting it all the way up and it is still out there for the fishermen to catch. I probibaly would have put it in the freezer to go with my stinger mount.But Im happy with having the oppertunity. Anyway fishermen, they are out there and good luck!!!!