PDA

View Full Version : So what did you all get???

Mike Hulbert
01-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Well the first show is done and over with, and again the Chicago Show was great!!! The weather SUCKED and kept a lot of folks at home, but over all I was pleased with the turnout.

So what did you all purchase at the show this last weekend??? Anything new you can't wait to get out and throw???

There were alot of awesome looking baits at the show that for sure!!!

Scuba117
01-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Well I went with a few of Mikes suggestions from an earlier post. I got a krisco in black and chartreuese, a white SS Shad with tail, walleye colored Pacemaker, a few showgirls, a sweet looking phantom, and a shad colored Curly Sue. Cant wait to get out and try all of these baits!!!

Billy B
01-13-2009, 04:35 PM
A couple pounders, a couple mag dawgs, a few weagles, 2 11 inch curly sues, and I won a tackle box at the swap...I think I did ok.

Juhas
01-13-2009, 05:49 PM
I got this real neeto net light, an autographed picture of Dale McNaire, and some old closed out depth raiders.
Chris

rob.s
01-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Black/Silver foil -Trueglide spinnerbait
Perch-Trueglide Hustler
Nite bite-Krisco
Bump board

Can't wait to try out the TG spinner!

Ifishtolive
01-14-2009, 12:36 PM
A couple of sick colored Tiger Tails from Scotty, Sexy Shad pounder, Copper n' Gold bomber from Jon at Stealth, Couple Ducktails, couple Hellhounds for the collection, looked real hard at Mammoth Sue in Shad but not sure if my 9' Supermag can handle it! Ran out of funds for my topwaters!????

Great Show!! Wanted to meet you Mike and introduce the kids to ya but for some reason you were always busy! Oh well working on maybe a night outing this year with ya !!

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!

Buddy Ellenburg

jarndt
01-14-2009, 06:17 PM
I did not spend a lot of money on lures, excepts on a few custom colored cowgirls, a 10inch slammer, and I had to get a new jimmy from musky innovations. The most important thing I got was information. We take trips to the Big V and then to the chip every season, so it was great to talk to the guides who are fishing those lakes almost everyday. Simply listening to the seminars and talking with the pros, like Mike, makes the trip to Chicago worth while.

Jonathan

Ty Sennett
01-15-2009, 11:18 AM
I bought some Cowgirls and some dawgs. Also grabbed a few Big Game twitchbaits.

rustyman
01-15-2009, 06:18 PM
I got an autographed picture of Dale Mcnaire, didn't know who he was, he just handed it to me. Maybe will be worth money someday. But anyways, got more of the fastach quick clips from good old Bernard at stringease. I don't know if any of you have tried them but I think they rock. Especially for cold weather. I see stealth leaders is using them. Those foiled gliders by Jerry's baits were off the wall also. Got some cranks from Big Game.

Mike Hulbert
01-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Looks like a lot of good lures were bought!!!

The new dawgs rock!!! Good choice Ty! You should try those new Jimmy baits as well. They are pretty dang cool!

biddler2
01-16-2009, 10:09 AM
I picked up a new mag dawg and a pounder. A Krisco, and DCG, DC9 and some leaders from stealth. More importantly was being able to talk to the manufactures and guides. Lots of good information was being shared at the show.

Toad
01-18-2009, 09:03 PM
I got a nine inch ss shad in walleye color which looks awesome!, a couple pounders, one pro pounder, a couple shallow dawgs in the new colors, a willobeast spinner bait and a willobeast inline bait, a bunch of pounder replacement tails, and a baby ss shad that I got made fun of for buying. Now I'm going to catch the biggest indiana muskie of the year on it, guaranteeed! lol. Okay, maybe only little basses, but we'll see. I thought I spent way more money than I was supposed to, but I found out i put a hundred dollars in my back pocket which I didn't notice till I got home. Doh. Could have had a couple more pounders in the bag. Ah well. At least I'm not in trouble on the homefront for once after the show.

Ifishtolive
01-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Hey mike what do you think of the Mammoth Sue's? Will you be throwing them this year? Have you tried the 2 pounders? I think I might try some mammoth sues in the shad but I've got to get a 9' monster heavy to throw them. I tried putting a couple pounders on my 9' Supermag, but I don't think it'll handle the big stuff!

Take a kid Fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!!

Buddy Ellenburg

Mike Hulbert
01-22-2009, 09:39 AM
The chances of me throwing the 2 pounder and the Mamouth Sue...not very good.

They are great bait for sure, but mostly made to troll. Casting pounders is plenty.