PDA

View Full Version : Any help, Confused now

slammer
01-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Fished all day Sunday starting off the Days river in 13 ft. of water trying for walleye, perch and pike. Nothing from 8 oclock am to 10:30 . Moved to deeper water during the afternoon in mud flats along east shore of northern part of the bay way south of center reef. Nothing on suckers on tip ups and nothing jigging. Left and got set up for the night bite by 3:30 on the east bank across from the Terrace. We were no where near anybody and were the farthest most south shack anywhere along the break and spread along 27 to 34 ft. of water. Never had a flag and cought one undersize ( the only fish we marked) Did anyone else do any good or do I just really suck at this!!!!!!
Getting frustrated. Can't get out till Thur or Fri. Any input or tips . I'm willing to try anything , it can't get worse. What about in front of the esky river . Haven't been there yet, any reports. Dazed and confused. Slammer

fatdog
01-12-2009, 09:01 PM
i heard the esky river shut down, people fished there recently and had no luck.

fatdog
01-12-2009, 09:06 PM
sounds like you were in decent spots but with no luck, what lures are you using and how are you jigging. sometimes those walleye just dont bite anything. do you tip your jigs with any bait.

birddog94
01-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Don't feel bad went out near center reef tonight got set up around 1.. Had the first bite around 3:30... Got 4 flags Never took out enough line to even try setting the hook..Caught 3 undersized fish jigging in the shack..All I want is a meal and can't get that!!!

befishin
01-13-2009, 08:47 AM
I know what you mean about those flags with not much line out. We were up on the 3rd and had a bunch of false flags until we started trimming the tails on the suckers.

I think Chris has got those minnows on steroids!

Enterprise
01-13-2009, 09:32 AM
The good bites that were happening a while ago have really shut down, from personal experience and word of mouth reports. I have seen many people moving around to find the fish, which really doesn't help by spooking fish around, but I just think the bite has cooled off a bit. They got to eat sometime!!! Keep trying! Personally, I'm moving to deeper water off the base of the breaks, just a suggestion.

slammer
01-13-2009, 12:06 PM
As far as baits we tried , you name it , we tried it , tipped , untipped , ice darters , moonshines, sweedish, rapalas , plain jigs, suckers w/ tails snipped and whatever else we had in the box. I think we will have to stick to the breaks or just out from them and just wait for the bite to pick up again. Still open to other suggestions. Thanks, Slammer.

In the G
01-13-2009, 12:40 PM
the moon is going the other way now. the bite should really pickup once it gets darker

Eyegetr
01-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Yup... the rutting moon is almost over, those 'eyes should be coming back to the bait soon!

wyldstallion906
01-13-2009, 02:48 PM
The problem with the fishing is that little bay de noc has become the Dead Sea. Too much over fishing and too many eager out of towners looking for that trophy to put on the wall. Good for them but when they also decide that a good keeper perch is 7 inches, thats when the problems start. Bottom line is that if you go out on the bay you shouldnt expect to be impressed every time. And if all else fails you can always give false advice to the nimrods that come up here instead of fishing their own lakes.