PDA

View Full Version : Lbdn 1/10/09

SuperiorChrome
01-11-2009, 01:30 PM
My dad and a friend of mine headed out to LBDN south of Gladstone on Saturday morning looking for walleye. We left Marquette early to try to get set up in time to get the morning bite. Well our intentions were good, but the auger didn't want to cooperate. So after struggling with it for a while we finally had to give up and send someone in for a can of starting fluid. Anyway, we got set up at 7:15 or so. Didn't mark too much at first, but then started getting a few lookers around 8:00. My buddy lost a nice fish by being a little excited on the hook set. Then nothing for a while and at 10:00 he finally hooked up on another fish which you could immediately tell was a nice one. After a nice fight we managed to get the 30" walleye on the ice. We tried to get a few pics and back in the water, but she just didn't want to go and we weren't going to waste a fish so I believe it's going on the wall. That was it for the morning. The one fish came on a Moonshine red grape.

Headed back out in the evening and went south of the Escanaba River. To make a long story short we fished from 2:00 to 6:00 without much of anything. We had two flags with nobody home on the tip ups and my dad had one small hit. Still a great day on the bay with friends and family.