PDA

View Full Version : January 10th AM...

Kevin Lee
01-10-2009, 11:50 PM
My brother Kenneth and I tried the morning bite today. All was going well with us having our lines in the water by 7:00 am. Didn’t really see too much on the electronics the first 45 minutes or so. But then we really started marking the fish. Unfortunately, this is also when some guys came out and started drilling holes from here to eternity. I swear they drilled for a half hour. Combine this with them also buzzing all around us on their snowmobile and it seemed to keep the walleye from hitting. Several times I have literally been watching walleye thru the hole and have a snowmobile buzz by a couple hundred yards away and watch that fish swim in the opposite direction. Needless to say, both Kenneth and I were a little ornery while this went on. Anyway, the noise finally settled down and low and behold we started catching fish. Lost half of the “primetime” bite, but at least we started catching fish. Kenneth started it off with a really nice 28 incher. Then a couple throwbacks. Then maybe 10 minutes later, he lost another hog. I still had the camera in my hand when my “deadstick” pole caught the attention of another fish and I hooked that fish and gave the camera to Kenneth. He didn’t know where the zoom button was so the video is a little too close-up. It was one of only 2 or 3 times I have had a walleye hit a Rapala that was just sitting there doing nothing! Oh well, take ‘em any way we can. This fish was a fat 20 incher. A couple more throwbacks and the “primetime” was over. Oh well, it was a beautiful morning to watch the sun rise while catching a couple nice fish. It could have been a little warmer though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWLmPEDa84k

jigginfins
01-11-2009, 10:22 AM
It there any advice you can give as to where a person can get ahold of these big fish and even numbers of small fish to catch. Any hints or general areas you would possibly part with would be great if its not to much to ask. Im trying to get into ice fishing more but i never seem to have any good luck and am begining to get frustrated.

I hope its not too much to ask, any advice you can give would be better than none. Depths, time of day, weather... anything to boost my confidence.

Thank you and good luck

anglr
01-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Kevin,
Thanks for the great video of those beauty Walleyes. Looking forward to seeing you catch some Burbot next time. Makes these winter days a lot more pleasant to see you & Ken catching fish.
Emil