PDA

View Full Version : Moonshine Remains Hot!!

walleyeguy
01-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Fished last night south of Gladstone, ended up with 6 eyes 20-27". All but one on the moonshine shiver minnow in red grape. Other fish came on a tip up. This bait has some great triggering properties. All fish were caught without tipping.

Talked to eyegetr this A.M. and he had 4 this A.M., all on the Hot Perch Moonshine.

This year we are lucky to have had two new baits that have been working great, Captain Ken's Ice Darters and Captain Tom's Moonshine Shiver Minnows.

If you get a chance, try some of each, you wont be dissapointed.

Good Luck

walleyeguy
01-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Fished last night south of Gladstone.

Ended up with 3 walleyes and a pike.

Pike was 41", walleyes were 28", 27", and 20". All caught on Moonshines. The three big fish came on a glow perch shiver and the small one came on a red grape shiver.

Didn't mark many fish and really had to work them to get them to go. The biggest walleye followed my bait up 6 times before he bit.

Good Luck

WG
Team PDC's

CaptainKenLee
01-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Didn't mark many fish and really had to work them to get them to go. The biggest walleye followed my bait up 6 times before he bit.

Good Luck

WG
Team PDC's

I agree, had to really jig aggressively to get their attention last night, I had one fish up almost 10 feet off bottom though and still couldn't get him to commit. The fish that did bite last night hit very aggressively. To me...the most fun is figuring out what action it takes to make them bite. It can be different from day to day and fish to fish. Good job WG. Let me know when you want to be dominated!

Eyegetr
01-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Ken, WG gets dominated on a daily basis by the better half. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for him. But that will all change this weekend with Gary being on the loose. Maybe I will even take him to a new spot. Looking forward to the weekend "Dominater".

Good luck and tight lines!

wyldstallion906
01-15-2009, 10:00 AM
you guys are machines i swear. I fished last night for several hours using 2 different kinds of the moonshine lures and i only had 3 look at them on the vexilar. Maybe i need to pick up this red grape one i keep hearing about. also i would like to know what you guys think of the berkely gulp alive products. they are expensive but i kicked butt in the summer using the minnow, chartreuse grub, and the jumbo leech. So far thru the ice only caught a 21 inch whitefish using a gulp alive minnow head.

CaptainKenLee
01-15-2009, 11:10 AM
also i would like to know what you guys think of the berkely gulp alive products. they are expensive but i kicked butt in the summer using the minnow, chartreuse grub, and the jumbo leech. So far thru the ice only caught a 21 inch whitefish using a gulp alive minnow head.

They are great products, but in my opinion you can't beat the real thing for flash and scent in ice-fishing situations. Since we don't tip our swimming jigs (raps, darters, shivers, etc.) it's not an issue, but I could see maybe using half of a 3" alive minnow for tipping spoons (williams wabler, buckshots, or do-jiggers). If they work, sure would be a great option when the fish are really going good and you want to get right back down there without having to re-bait. Good question...good luck fishing!

springfield
01-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Dont forget about the Ole Swedish Pimple, I have done really well with them when the bite is tough, tipped with a small minnow and use them like a sand kicker. It seems like they will work when everything else fails, and I catch nicer fish with them usually, of course nothin is 100%

Mark