PDA

View Full Version : New Ghosttails

Ty Sennett
01-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Has anyone tried the new Ghosttails with the #9 Indiana blades? They have tinsel and hair. They look pretty sweet. I got a few for my father in law for Christmas so I didn't want to post anything until after. I think I will be spending some money on those at the shows this year.

MRM
01-06-2009, 11:33 PM
I haven't thrown them in water yet, but all I know is these things look sweet! I better start saving for the MN muskie show....

ALVW
01-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Received one recently. Looks awesome and I think it should not put the hurt on you and your equipment to use it like some of the big double blades. Can't wait to try it out.

Editor
01-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi All,

Here's a photo and info about the new Ghosttails. They will be available at
Pastikas and Guides Pro Shop this coming weekend at the Chicago Muskie Show!

Thanks
Bob

Ty Sennett
01-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks Bob! See ya at the show.

deantre
01-07-2009, 01:47 PM
those #9 blades scare the fish away, don't briing em to the Chip, ha ha. Seriously, last year I saw more fish in one day with Fred Hirsch throwing the prototypes of this bait than I had in 3 weeks of fishing. Was it the Guide, was it the bait, who cares.. They look amazing in the water, fish easy and just plain catch fish. Dean

Esox Chaser
01-07-2009, 03:02 PM
those #9 blades scare the fish away, don't briing em to the Chip, ha ha. Seriously, last year I saw more fish in one day with Fred Hirsch throwing the prototypes of this bait than I had in 3 weeks of fishing. Was it the Guide, was it the bait, who cares.. They look amazing in the water, fish easy and just plain catch fish. Dean

The picture looks sweet!
The question and maybe Ty or Dean can answer this is "is the new Ghosttail going to be available in the best Ghosttail pattern available-Black Perch ?". Or does the tinsel prevent Fred from tying a pattern like that?

Ty Sennett
01-08-2009, 09:16 AM
I'm not sure. I haven't used the bait yet but have seen a few that Fred had. I didn't see any black perch but he may have tied some. Pastikas has some of them in right now. I'll find out this weekend.

familyguy
01-08-2009, 09:59 AM
If you go www.ghosttails.com, they have all the colors available. Doesn't look like black perch is an option for the new ones.

deantre
01-08-2009, 05:17 PM
that silver/white/black sure looks like a crappie in the water and the
copper with gold/black/white looks like it could be a walleye or shinner.
they really fish sweet.