PDA

View Full Version : Snow conditions on the ice....

jigrapper
12-24-2008, 08:29 PM
From all reports looks like there is plenty of ice now ...at least from Kipling northward... but with the snow the last three days, how is it getting around on the ice in the upper bay? Will an ORV still do OK? Sons home for Christmas and would like to take him out on the upper bay... Thanks!!

Kevin Lee
12-27-2008, 11:26 AM
From all reports looks like there is plenty of ice now ...at least from Kipling northward... but with the snow the last three days, how is it getting around on the ice in the upper bay? Will an ORV still do OK? Sons home for Christmas and would like to take him out on the upper bay... Thanks!!

There is not much for me to tell because I have only spoke to one guy that has been on the ice the past few days. He tried to get his shanty out yesterday, but turned around and gave up due to snow depth and lots of slush. There just hasn't been too many folks going out the past few days,period. Like me, they have probably been too busy trying to keep up clearing all the snow from there roofs, driveways, and lots...

The Bait Shop Guy
12-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Plenty of people fishing, but as mentioned in another post, nobody's reporting. It sounds like the rain and warmer weather has knocked the snow down pretty good. Last person I talked to tonight said there's about 4 inches of snow left, but LOTS of slush. It's going to be pretty sloppy going until things firm up again.