View Full Version : Lake Erie Starts To Freeze

Captain Tom Straus
12-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Well today we have 2 -3 inches of snow on the ground and north winds should freeze the lake enough to start ice fishn before long...The next week forecast call for record low temps including tonight down to -5 below..Ice fisherman will start there journey from Crane Creek State Park,Catawba Island State Park this is were the madness will begin.. With the large fish we caught this past year I believe the forecast will be BIG WALLEYE AND PERCH.
Most fisherman will use jigging rapalas in blue/silver, black/white and really get that spoon jigging tipped with shiner minnows thats the ticket...Good Luck and make sure its safe...There not worth it unless its right...

Pier Chaos
12-27-2008, 01:21 PM
How much ice is left with this warm weather? It is 57 over here in Elkhart today. Ice here is soupy but there are still some knuckleheads going on it.

Pier Chaos
12-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Keep me posted on the ice conditions as it gets colder again. Would like to try the ice fishing at least once in my lifetime over there.

Captain Tom Straus
12-28-2008, 10:54 AM
John, I will keep in contactabout the ice fishn maybe you can come over Merry X-mas TOM

Captain Tom Straus
12-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Warm weather has melted some of the ice but water temp. is 31-32 degrees it won't take much more Captain TOM

Pier Chaos
12-28-2008, 12:05 PM
John, I will keep in contactabout the ice fishn maybe you can come over Merry X-mas TOM

That would be the best if it weather would cooperate.