PDA

View Full Version : Sat. Dec. 20th report

CaptainKenLee
12-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Made my first trip out on the ice this afternoon with my brother Kevin. We went to the same location he and his wife Theresa fished yesterday with a little success. I thought it was going to be a good afternoon when we started catching fish right away...the only thing was they were just a hair on the short side. I ended up with 12 undersized walleyes from 12 to 14 3/4 inches and my brother had 3 or 4 short fish as well. It was just nice to get out there and do some jigging. I caught most of my fish on holographic green/rainbow ice darters, a couple came on holographic black/chrome, and as it got darker the chartreuse and orange worked best. Only marked about 4 or 5 good fish tonight, but couldn't get them to bite. Talked with Walleyeguy and he had one keeper tonight, so it sounds like it was a little slow. Not sure how the bite was down south, we were fishing the head of the bay. Ice is great...but I still couldn't believe my eyes when I saw two full-size trucks out there. Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area...and Happy Holidays to all!!!

The Bait Shop Guy
12-20-2008, 08:08 PM
I don't care who you are, it's always fun to outfish your brother:D