PDA

View Full Version : December 19th Report

Kevin Lee
12-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Theresa and I hit the ice again today. We went to a different spot and had the lines in by 3:00 pm. At about 3:03 pm Theresa caught the first keeper!!! I'm not sure I even had my line in the water yet. This fish was just legal at 15 1/4 inches. I thought, holy cow, we're gonna have a great day if they are biting this early. But then we went about an hour before catching another fish which was a throwback anyway. Then Theresa caught another keeper about 16 inches. By this time, it was almost "primetime", so I went outside the shack to try a couple other holes closer to the break. While I was outside,Theresa caught another keeper that was just under 18 inches. I was getting juuuuust a little frustrated since I had only had one hit so far (which I missed). But then I caught a keeper perch and at least "broke the ice". About 10 minutes later, I finally caught a keeper walleye that was just under 16 inches. Then a couple more throwbacks. Then it was over. They just stopped, period. We never saw another fish on the graph the last half hour before we left. So we ended up with 4 good "eaters" and a perch. It was nice to find some keepers today anyway. Theresa once again caught all her fish on the Ice Darter Holographic Green Rainbow. You know what you do with "eaters" right??? Eat em!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFswHiPIJWU