PDA

View Full Version : Ice safe for a snowmobile???

W.T.A
12-17-2008, 09:14 PM
just wondering is the ice out from yellow gate safe enough for a couple guys on a snowmobile to get out to 20ft of water? Or is the ice not safe enough?Thanks

The Bait Shop Guy
12-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Last reports we've heard, there's about 7 inches of ice up that way. Watch for the pressure crack. Follow other tracks and look for trees marking the safe areas to cross.

fishinmedic
12-17-2008, 11:49 PM
If your going out, stay to the left of the first tree. On the right it's real wet for about 4 feet across and aways down from what I could see. Fished out there on Tues from 10am till 6. Marked a ton of fish, but minimal takers. 1 17 inch walleye, and 2 decent perch. Had to try a bunch of baits to find the few that they wanted to even look at. The new moonshine bait at Bayview in a purple with spots glow bait worked pretty well, along with a #7 GGT Rapala. My buddy lost a legal at the hole on swedish pimple with a whole minnow on it. Everything had to be tipped with a head.

FishinMachine
12-18-2008, 12:50 PM
yeah its safe for sure, just use common sense on the pressure crack areas. Last sunday my buddy had his yamaha 700 triple out on the ice and it was fine, i also had my big yamaha 400 four wheeler out so you will be in good shape because the ice is thicker than it was last weekend!