PDA

View Full Version : GPS/Locator help

Jax
12-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Hey guys, I have read the other threads on the GPS/Locator topics but I have a question and was wondering if you guys might be able to help me. I am looking to purchase 2 GPS/Locators (Lowrance) and was wanting a little help from you guys.
I am looking for a cheaper GPS/Locator for the back while i am running the tiller. What I am looking to get out this one is a GPS/Locator that is easy to read with the GPS laying down route paths etc. mostly for navigation purposes. The second one I want in the front while i am running the trolling motor to be a bigger more detailed GPS/Locator. I exclusively fish The Chip during the summer so i will be getting a Lakemaster chip to go in this one. I am looking for affordable GPS/Locators so $2000 units are out of the question :) So if anyone has any experience with some units they feel would be good for my situation and especially good for fishing and navigation on The Chip please feel free to add you comments. Thanks guys!

JSM
12-12-2008, 04:06 PM
I have a Lowrance 332c (don't know if they still sell this model or not) that is good for navigation and locating. Sometimes would appreciate a bigger screen, but overall it works fine. Fish Chip almost exclusively all summer. Got my Lowrance at Thorne Brothers during their spring Musky sale, usually early April I think, and was best price I could find; $100 cheaper than anywhere else and they threw in the chip for free or half off.

Ty Sennett
12-15-2008, 08:37 AM
I'll sell you my Lowrance112 GPS/Sonar for $1200. That's half price. It was used from the end of June on through November of this year. Awesome unit!

I would go with the Lowrance LMS520c for the back. Easy to read navigation routes with that one.

Keith M
12-15-2008, 01:01 PM
I'll sell you my Lowrance112 GPS/Sonar for $1200. That's half price. It was used from the end of June on through November of this year. Awesome unit!

I would go with the Lowrance LMS520c for the back. Easy to read navigation routes with that one.

Ty, If the 112 is still available at Road rules, I will take it for that price. What about rods any 8's left to get rid of? Give me a call and let me know also my 195vs is going up for sale for around $20,000 if you here of anyone looking for a very clean used ranger.

Ty Sennett
12-15-2008, 04:00 PM
keith, I should have some of the Thorne Bros. rods left. Call me before the clinic or before the Milwaukee show.