PDA

View Full Version : cc report 12/6/08 and thanksgiving

musky-god
12-09-2008, 11:07 AM
went out saturday and was unable to fish because the ramps were to slick. We both thought that the duck hunters always salted the ramps but i guess not.

Thanksgiving... was a sad 3 days of fishing we didnt see anything or move anything it sucked. so we have came to the conlusion that this strain or just the muskys that are in caeasers creek are just plain nonactive during this time of year but oh well well just give it another shot this weekend.

Tom Dietz
12-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Just an FYI,

The muskies do not just quit feeding this time of year. Timing becomes more critical, as is picking the right days to go. Rick May and I boated three muskies in January down at Cave Run Lake a few years back, and that was in the dead of winter. I also caught a forty-four inch musky in January of 2005 on the Susquehanna River, one of three muskies we boated that day. I recommend not to give up, because like all fish, muskies feed all year long, but not as voraciously as they do in warmer weather months.

musky-god
12-10-2008, 06:10 AM
tom,

yes i do agree about that i mean their a fish they have to eat sooner or later, and trust me we aren't giving up yet we will be out there saturday and sunday for sure.

thanks for the pointer

David and arron