PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Fish of 2008???

Mike Hulbert
12-03-2008, 10:22 PM
So the season is over...or almost over....wishful thinking :)

What was your favorite fish of the 2008 season? Attach a pic if you have it, or if you need it resized you can e-mail it to me and I'll attach it to your posts.

I don't know what mine is yet...there are a few that were definately awesome....hard to nail down one though, but I will try to in the next few days.

Let's here some cool fish stories!

J Routt
12-04-2008, 09:59 AM
I have two obvious ones, but I can't honestly put one above the other.

My 52 was obviously cool as he11, but my wife's 47.5 was up there with it. Don't think I could trade one for the other.

muskihntr
12-04-2008, 11:02 AM
just one???????

well, one of my last for the year was pretty cool, when you catch a nice fish on a friends bait, that would have to be my #1 fish caught of the year even though it wasnt my biggest of the year. also netting a buddys pb on his home waters was right up there as well. but if i had to pick a #1 fish in my boat this year it would have to be my son catching his first musky over 40 inches(41), with my dad (his grandfather)along with us.

of course its not always about the fish either, my last trip of the year was fishless but i spent 3 days laughing my butt off, i dont think i have ever had more fun on a fishless trip!

"dude there is still meat on those wings"

All In
12-04-2008, 05:45 PM
This year I caught my first fish over 40" (42") and it was a blast. Hopefully next year it will be a new PB. Nonetheless I am getting a lot of miles out of the one this year. Have a good holiday season and let's look forward to 2009.

Dave T
12-08-2008, 11:04 AM
I have to say seeing my nephew catch only his second musky ever, and it being a 50.5 x 23 inch monster. that is my fish of the year!!

Dave

Targa01
12-11-2008, 03:14 PM
No monsters for me this year, again! Figured I would toss in a few pics. The lil' guy was caught out of Mike's boat on the Pond this year. Not a pig but still a great trip and unbelievable weather.

We'll do it again next summer Mike and I'll bring the ointment for the bros-in-law! :D

Toad
12-12-2008, 08:49 PM
I have two that I made my year. My personal best Indiana muskie and a beautiful 43 inch pike that I caught in Canada. It was a very good year for the big fish for me this year with very few fish under 40. Probably because I threw the pounder so much this year.

tomcat
12-15-2008, 08:03 AM
i'm sure this picture will be too big to upload?? i'll give it a shot.

my musky time was very limited in 2008. i didnt get to fish that much. this is my favorite fish from 2008. few reason's why it's my favorite of the year..1. my wife lost a super nice musky this year or that one would have been a favorite. 2. i got this with some good friends of mine. 3. got this fish trolling (if you can't tell from the pics) when we had 3 guys in the boat but only ONE line in the water!!! trolling one line with 3 dudes in the boat.
it was an awesome fight... just a fun fun fun fish for me to catch in 2008.

trying to upload..