PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to Don Hubler

Captain Ron Lamont
12-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Dear Fishing Friends, It saddens me to report the passing of a good customer and friend Don Hubler 86. He passed on to a better place on November 23,2008. He was from Edgerton, Wi and lived with his wife Ellen. Our sympathy goes out to her in this time of sorrow. Don first called me in 2003, after he saw our ad in In-Fisherman and decided to get in touch. We talked on the phone and he mentioned that their group had been coming to Lake Erie for years and would like to change to a different fishing charter service. He had one request for us. I want a " Fish Ohio " that's the one thing that has eluded me all my years of fishing Erie. We talked for several minutes and soon found out we shared the same employer "GM" and he worked as a pipe fitter at the Janesville, Wi plant along with most of his crew. Don booked three days of fishing and lodging in May that year and one extra day to rest up before the drive back to Janesville,Wi. Our first day out fishing was one of the best days you could hope for and they were ready. Everyone was a seasoned fisherman, so they started catching Walleye on the first drift. We got a chance to talk and get to know everyone. Don stood out as a person who had joy in his heart, he loved people and liked getting away with his friends. We limited out but not before Don tied into a Hawg and, with Capt. Mike waiting with the net and everyone coaching, he landed a 28 3/4" beautiful Lake Erie "Fish Ohio Walleye". We all felt his happiness and the look he had when that fish was in the net was "Priceless". We limited out on Walleye all three days. The group returned every year to fish with us on the Sunchaser. Those are the days you remember the rest of your life. Don would bring some of his homemade jam, along with some Wisconsin cheese curds, for Mike and me. They all enjoyed cooking at the cottage and would invite us to stop by for dinner. Our prayers go out to the Family and friends. See picture below. Capt. Mike & Capt. Ron