PDA

View Full Version : 11/23/08 Report

Scott Donovan
11-23-2008, 07:14 PM
The lake is still open with surface temps from 47-52. Deer hunters just got off the lake as shotgun season ended this afternoon, I think. It was like a war out there just listening to the shots go off. Muskies have been eating larger crank baits the last couple days even with the cold front that went through over the weekend. Baitfish are balled up over deep water and steep breaks. I attached a pic of a 44 from Saturday. I lost a good one today trolling the new Crisco from Llungen Lures. This bait is sure to put some big fish in the boat for '09. I also had one fish hit a Killer eel today casting and talked to one guy yesterday who caught one casting a triple D. Hopefully we don't freeze up anytime soon!

ride4130
11-24-2008, 05:31 PM
nice fish scott....I hope to maybe make it down in a couple weeks if the weather permits

LarryO
11-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Scott

I hope to be on the lake Saturday. See you there if you are also out fishing. My plan is to troll with large crankbaits....this period from Thanksgiving until Christmas is about the only time all year that I troll. I have to get some use out of those line counter reels and trolling rods I bought. Dane may also be fishing on Saturday. Surely at least one of us will bump into one.

Larry

LarryO
11-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Jim Beaty and I fished today. I lucked into the 47 incher in the attached photo. No other action and we saw very few bait fish in the areas we were. Water temp was 45.

Larry O