PDA

View Full Version : Well, anyone brave the wind yesterday

Red Childress
11-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Any results from the weekend??? The conditions yesterday were about as crazy as I have ever fished in for November. We had snow and sleet then snow and more sleet.

The sleet felt great at 40 mph bouncing off my face!

ttabaleulb
11-17-2008, 09:30 AM
I only made it out on Saturday. Since the forecast was for wind and rain, I took all the Flyfishing gear out of the vehicle. When I get to the water, its like a sheet of glass with baitfish flying out of the water all over the place!!! I had one follow that I believe was a Musky. I did end up landing my PB Pike at about 34". Man did that thing fight!! I thought for sure that I had a Musky. It was great. I still wish I had the flyrod!! Maybe next time.

R Findlan
11-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Fished the river Saturday and Sunday around Oil City. The water here didn't start to rise until late Saturday night. No luck Saturday, but got a fat 33.5 muskie on a shallow bulldog with higher water on Sunday. Gotta love fishing in those whiteouts.

psv
11-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Fished Lehigh River from 7:30am to 3:00pm. Nothing. It was really hard to control boat. Strong wind, tons of leaves in the water and no fish.
I'm planning to fish at least 2 days over Thanksgiving weekend.
Regards, PSV