PDA

View Full Version : 12/2 and 12/3

Red Childress
12-04-2017, 06:40 AM
We had 1 of the worst musky weekends of the year. We netted 1 small-ish pike and may have raised 1 musky but not 100% sure.

We tried everything in the box (except for dragging meat).

Bob Seybold
12-04-2017, 08:32 AM
Do you think this Moon phase has them feeding later ? I was going to fish the lake today, later on and maybe into dark.

Red Childress
12-04-2017, 10:57 AM
Not sure, Bob. They could have been feeding while I was out there but I may have failed at cracking their code. Rest assured, it was not from a lack of effort!

Bob Seybold
12-04-2017, 01:25 PM
No one could ever doubt you effort and commitment to your clients for sure ! I caught one of my biggest fish during a "Super Moon" phase close to dark. Being in the right place and when their feeding window is can be a puzzle for sure. Your experience on the river and your diligence to hook up fish is second to none. I should keep better records of my fish, but then it just seems like work and takes time away from getting back at it, I just enjoy being able to still get out and have fun.

gfishes
12-06-2017, 08:53 AM
Chased muskies over the weekend as well. My Dad who was fishing for walleye had on a 25" muskie lost at the boat. He was using spinning gear and curly tail jigs. I was tossing muskie tackle and only found one hungry Walleye. It may have been worth it! This fish took an 8" crane bait. 27743