PDA

View Full Version : Huge outflows on the way!

Red Childress
04-06-2017, 09:08 AM
Discharge levels will double by tomorrow bringing the total cfs to 19,500. That may just be a new record outflow for this time of year.

25homes
04-06-2017, 09:28 AM
Do you think it will be worth trying to fish the river this weekend with that type of discharge? was gonna hit alleghany Sunday but dont want to go and waste my time if flow gonna be so stupid you cant even fish...

Red Childress
04-06-2017, 09:53 AM
It will be unfishable (around these parts) unless you can find a little area in which to shore fish.

Red Childress
04-26-2017, 06:06 AM
River levels are jacked up pretty high at the moment and weekend fishing is in jeopardy for my boat.

Red Childress
05-02-2017, 06:41 PM
Big rains bring high outflows soon. Chance of snow Sunday. Can't wait.

ttabaleulb
05-03-2017, 08:47 AM
LOL Definitely some crazy weather. We got hammered here on Monday in the Bellefonte area. I'm still currently without power.

We are headin on a couple day trip early next week. Hoping it starts to recover from that cold front over the days that we are there. I'm actually pretty psyched to get some flies in the water that I am gonna tie with some new material I just discovered. Its call Faux Bucktail. Its a synthetic material designed to be like bucktail of course. The nice part is that its a lot easier to get fibers of the same length while creating flies. Buying natural bucktail can be a real crap shoot. Once I get a few tied and get them in the water, I'll be sure to give some thoughts on it.

Jay

Red Childress
05-05-2017, 06:45 PM
Good luck on your trip. We need to hear some stories!