View Full Version : DNR TFF policing

ol'wildcat
06-14-2016, 07:08 PM
Just wondering if the local DNR or local park rangers are checking boaters and fishermen for
all the normal requirements again this season on the Flowage. Last year the ranger was very polite
to us even though we got checked for licenses everyday. We are Ok with that and just wonder if he is doing the same this summer fishing season.
Good luck to all------------

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
06-14-2016, 10:47 PM
I have not heard of this happening. Maybe he just likes you Wildcat! LOL

HockeyPhil
06-16-2016, 04:41 PM
The DNR stopped and checked me while fishing last weekend near Beaver Flats. The three officers pulled up along beside me while I was anchored and fishing with my son. They asked if I had any fish in the livewell and also asked if I had my fishing license with me. All three were very polite and went along their business after making sure I was in compliance.

Tom502
06-16-2016, 09:50 PM
Some of what you may be experiencing is a season long effort by WI DNR to try to get a handle on fishing pressure and success on the TFF. There are 4 creel clerks here, 2 in boats and 2 that rotate between the different boat landings.

Tight Lines,

Tom502

ol'wildcat
06-18-2016, 08:56 PM
I have not heard of this happening. Maybe he just likes you Wildcat! LOL

Thank you Scott, they must love me---------- my boat is not their favorite type of fishing boat and
they want they must want me to not come there. At least that is what I have been told by some locals.
I go too fast I guess.
Tom

Larrynrita
06-26-2016, 08:47 PM
We've had many visits to the campsites over the years by Rangers, but have only been checked on the water once. Creel survey folks are pretty persistent at the landing this year!