PDA

View Full Version : Anybody wetting a line?

Red Childress
02-01-2016, 07:21 AM
February usually begins my fishing depression......especially with this mild winter and open water! I had briefly thought about launching the boat to just drive around since I cannot cast yet but if I fell overboard, it would be a tough swim back to boat/shore. :)

Is anyone fishing? Any news would be appreciated!

Katmai Kid
02-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Hey coach, chautauqua has continued to produce good walleye bite for us. Ice has hardened back up after last week's rain.

Katmai Kid
02-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Ice was not as good tonight at chautauqua. If they get the snowfall that's in the forcast it's going to be sketchy ice!

toothyfishman
02-11-2016, 12:18 PM
3 winter outings.
Never even seen a fish.
Was nice to get out

Red Childress
02-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Hey Dustin..........Be careful on the ice! I might just do some ice fishing next week during our winter break......no need to cast and since I have never done it before, I recently added it to my bucket list. Charlie is always after me to chase gills with him on CLake but I never do it.

Is the Zoo locking up yet?

Katmai Kid
02-12-2016, 07:58 AM
There were guys fishing webbs out of boats last weekend. I have not been up myself,but I heard guys were getting on still at dunkles corners? As far as the reservation maybe by next weekend. Chautauqua should be real safe by monday! Tell Chuck I said hello, and Semper Fi!

Red Childress
02-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Charlie is in Florida this month for leisure fishing.......mainly chasing giant gills. Suppose to talk to him tomorrow and will pass along your message. I may even try to sneak out next weekend if my rehab continues on a positive course. Good Luck and be safe!

Red Childress
02-19-2016, 05:45 PM
We are hitting the river tomorrow and chasing lunge. I especially enjoy the first trip of the year because it always feels a little like Christmas!

Red Childress
02-21-2016, 09:40 AM
Had a nice day on the water with the starting OT for the Steelers yesterday and his buddy who is a former PSU lineman. Alex hit a nice pike but no musky sightings for any of us. Alex had to leave a little early so he could attend Heath Miller's retirement party last nite. Coincidentally, Miller comes from a high school not far from my hometown in Virginia and one of my dad's favorite NFL players.....they both attended UVA.....Small world indeed.

Red Childress
02-21-2016, 01:25 PM
We had some windy conditions yesterday and I can usually control the boat fairly easily under most any situation but when there is a 6'9"/320 lb. guy on board, the wind was using him as a sail and made things much tougher!

Red Childress
02-29-2016, 06:54 AM
We hit a very nice fish yesterday and had 3 more follows plus a decent pike. I will post pictures as soon as I receive them. It is amazing how much larger a fish can appear by simply changing the angle. This fish was Rob's personal best musky and the first musky of the year for the boat!