PDA

View Full Version : 7/9 and 7/11 Reports

CaptainKenLee
07-11-2015, 02:40 PM
On Thursdays's 5 hr. trip we started out trolling Walleyes Choice (http://www.walleyeschoice.com) harnesses at the north end over some nice green cabbage weeds. We only got 4 keepers doing this before we moved south to do some jigging along a sharp break that dropped from 8 to 25 feet of water. Well...if we were in a sheepshead tournament we would have won. It was one after another of the garbage fish. We got to watch an eagle swoop down and pick one up that didn't make it and was floating on the surface...so that was pretty cool. We then moved to another spot to pitch jigs in a little shallower water and picked up a couple more nice walleyes before our trip was over.

Today's 1/2 day trip was with Pat, his brother John and their friend Jan. We got on the water around 6:30 and started catching fish right away pitching 1/4 oz. jigs and 1/2 crawlers. We had 6 keepers, some undersized fish, a couple of pike, and lost some nice walleyes by 9:30. We then made a move to the north end where we put out the boards and harnesses. I didn't even get all the lines set when we had a nice walleye hook up. I was just reaching down with the net when the hook popped free and away it went. Unfortunately, that wasn't the only time that happened today either. John had a couple real nice walleyes pop off right at the boat. We did manage to pick up a couple keepers and some undersized fish before it was time to head in. The wind was starting to kick up pretty good when I got done cleaning them at the Gladstone Harbor around noon. Our best colors lately have been I-78, I-76, and I-110 one of Keith's new color patterns this year. Our fish today were pretty much just good eaters from 15 to 21 inches. Perfect for the fry pan!!! Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.