PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th and high water for the next several days.

Red Childress
07-01-2015, 12:51 PM
All this rain reminds me of exactly 1 year ago. Higher than normal water and cooler temps around here at the moment. We hit a few muskies and some very nice trout over the past week or so with the largest trout at 24" and musky at 44". Fishing has not been easy with the unexpected sharp drops in temps in a very short amount of time (bottom draw from dam to expel all the excessive rainfall).

I have been taking the week of the 4th off the past few years to avoid the incredible number of yaks/canoes and spend time with my family plus I take my boat down to Wiegel's for yearly maintenance. I will begin guiding again on 7/6 and go like crazy for most of the month.

Good Luck on the water and be safe out there.

Happy 4th ya'll!

muskyjerk
07-06-2015, 02:51 PM
After only one short outing this year I made it out in the high water Thursday and caught a legal musky on one of my handmade jerk baits for the first time. I've caught sauger, walleye, bass and pike; had a musky hooked, wrap and cut the line and take one with him; even caught a nasty leatherback turtle in Red's boat on one. This is the first I've landed since I started with them in 2011. The one I lost even got me three muskies seen one day at lake Arthur. Most Moraine Musky Assoc. gatherings I went to we didn't see that many as a group. Finally got the turtle off my back.