PDA

View Full Version : Rockin' and Rollin"

Rich Hehn
06-11-2015, 11:52 AM
Started out pretty rough this morning at 6am. Joanne and I went out of South Shore toward green can. Way to rough for the 19ft boat, took a good splash into the front of bow, then turned back toward shore for some protection. Hit first fish at 6:45, nice 7 1/2 lb Rainbow. Picked up a high jumping young King of about 3 lbs shortly after that, then a small shaker king that I released. I love the single hooks I replaced the trebles with. Got the rainbow on a orange/silver standard size spoon, and the bigger king too, 3 color leadcore, no planer board, just off the side. Small king came on NBK 20 ft. on downrigger. Just beat the rain to the cleaning station. Bite shut off at 7:30, We headed in about 8:30 due to the weather moving in. Went 3 for 3 . Saw tons of baitfish balls, rainbow was full of alewives, king had a few too.

Glory Days
06-12-2015, 09:16 AM
Started out pretty rough this morning at 6am. Joanne and I went out of South Shore toward green can. Way to rough for the 19ft boat, took a good splash into the front of bow, then turned back toward shore for some protection. Hit first fish at 6:45, nice 7 1/2 lb Rainbow. Picked up a high jumping young King of about 3 lbs shortly after that, then a small shaker king that I released. I love the single hooks I replaced the trebles with. Got the rainbow on a orange/silver standard size spoon, and the bigger king too, 3 color leadcore, no planer board, just off the side. Small king came on NBK 20 ft. on downrigger. Just beat the rain to the cleaning station. Bite shut off at 7:30, We headed in about 8:30 due to the weather moving in. Went 3 for 3 . Saw tons of baitfish balls, rainbow was full of alewives, king had a few too.

Thanks for the report Rich.

I almost went myself but could not make it due to scheduling problems. I would have tried to go to the same area you were in. Maybe next time I'll see you guys there.

All the Best,

Jim