PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
05-04-2015, 05:47 AM
Sunday's walleye action really picked up as my guest and I had action from the first cast of the morning as we boated a very nice eye on a Reeve's weedless jig tipped with a large fathead. Action from there on remained very good thru out the day as we found several more eyes in 6 to 8 feet of water over submerged wood. Most of our fish were caught by drifting and vertical jigging over these stump filled areas while others were taken while working shoreline downed timber. Along with the walleye action, the smallies were on the rampage as we boated many of them in 4 to 6 feet of water in and around downed tornado timber, just an all around awesome day for us.

Back out today, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net

Musky Mauler
05-05-2015, 08:51 AM
When you say that you "boated" those smallies, you DID mean that, inasmuch as smallmouth season doesn't open until next month, that you caught and RELEASED them - - right?

Musky Mauler

Don Pemble
05-05-2015, 03:45 PM
Wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it, yes we boated them and released them as all you musky guys do, and I know when the smallie season opens, do you know of anyone who has a bass club for sale, musky fishermen used to carry larger ones years ago called musky clubs, right?

sureshot612
05-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Don, way back when Mary at The Shady Rest used to call it a thumper .I can't believe how long age it has been.Even with all the changes of the years the Flowage is still and will always be a great place to go…. the best to all in this fishing season and be safe SS612