PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
10-16-2014, 07:25 AM
The last three trips this week saw increased deep water action as more and more eyes move into the deep river channels, the only problem was dealing with the strong N winds that have really been whipping up some big whitecaps. Monday and Tuesday was spent working various deep river channels (17 to 28 ft) along with some shallow (4 to 7 ft)deep weeds mixed in with wood and found some shallow action but by far the best bite was out of the deep. My guest for both days, Virginia and I found steady action as we caught and released many eyes but we did manage to get some quality keepers on both days. Tuesday was cut short by the strong winds but we still managed to catch a good number of eyes with 3 keepers and a jumbo perch. Wednesdays guests, Paul and John, and I were up against some fairly strong NE winds once again but we managed to get a full day in and we did catch a lot of eyes. We worked our Reeves jigs tipped with large fatheads over shallow weeds & wood and came up with just a couple of smaller eyes before moving to the river channels. Working a few different bends in a wind free channel provided some decent action but not enough to keep us there for an extended period of time. We then moved out into the open water and fought the winds while hovering over some rock piles in the river channels and here we found many eyes, many small ones but a keeper here and there. We also tried some wind blown shorelines with only a small pike to show for our efforts. Our last stop was a spot I fished for the first time this fall and it was full of fish, most every cast produced a bite, lots of small ones again but enough quality eyes to fill our limits.

Todays planned trip was cancelled due to power trim & tilt problems with my outboard, hope to be back out soon, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net