PDA

View Full Version : FYI Don P

BlackDuck
10-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Just incase you missed this post from Lake-Link TFF

FISHING REPORT
10/7/14 9:49 AM CST
Fished the flowage from Sep 20-25. Stayed in the area of the dam and fished primarily from the dam to pink rock. Caught most of our fish in the river channel between 16-24 fow. Mixed bag of eyes, perch and crappies came on 1/8 oz orange jigs tipped with a 1" chart twister and fatheads. Larger minnows like chubs and golden shiners barely got touched. Lost plenty of jigs in the sunken timber but I had come prepared for that. The leaves have fully turned but had not yet started to fall into the water. The bite seemed to turn on as the day got later. Tried early in the morning twice and only scratched out a few fish. Returned to the same spots later in the afternoon and pounded them.

On a side note one afternoon my brother and I were approached by a boat being driven by an older gentleman who asked how we were doing. "Not so good" was our reply. He told us that he was a guide and said "Follow me". He took us to a spot and told us where to fish and with what presentation just to help us out. Just want to say thanks to him. His name was Don Pemble and provided his business card (715) 776-0098.