PDA

View Full Version : 9/16

Jerry Tipping
09-16-2014, 09:28 PM
Glenn and Laura from Wheeling , IL have a get-a-way home on the Juneau County side of "The Rock" and booked a trip to learn a little about where to go and what to use to catch fish within the 16,000 acres of water that border Adams and Juneau Counties. I mentioned to Glenn when he booked the trip that if he had a hand-held GPS to bring it along so he can get back to the locations I take them to. I try to encourage everyone that books a trip to do the same, otherwise it would be difficult at best, to find the spots again. We launched at the ramp by Buckhorn Bridge and started the morning jigging wood near the ramp. We boated a couple "shorties" and had a few other taps, but nothing consistent. We moved to a mid-lake hump and brought a few more "shorties" over the side, but had a lot more fall off before we could get them over in the boat. Moved to a channel edge near Dellwood but nothing going there. Hit one other spot by Splash and boated some cat, a crappie, and a bunch of "shorties". They never pulled boards before so we finished the day with that and had some more "shorties" and Laura boated a really nice pike with great color.
I will have a picture of Laura's pike posted tomorrow. ;)
There is a lot of great fishing still to come as the water cools, so don't miss out a great fall outing.

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry :cool:

Check out tomorrows post if you fish "The Rock".