PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
09-13-2014, 06:14 AM
Wednesdays trip was cancelled due to the strong winds and rain but my guest, Ann and I made it out on Thursday and Friday to do a couple of half day trips. Thursday was on the windy side again with 40 degree temps and that combo didn't help at all with the walleye bite. Working 8 to 14 foot depths over submerged stumps with Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads, we found minimum action as we found only a few very small eyes. We then tried a rocky/stump filled hump in 10 feet of water and came up empty. Our last couple of spots we tried were river channels and river channel edges and found 1 keeper crappie and a few more small throwback eyes. The winds died down for Fridays trip, the cool temps remained at 40 degrees, but the walleye bite really picked up. We tried one 9 ft. stumpy flat and came up empty and after that we spent the rest of our morning trip working late fall patterns ( deep river channels ) and found many eyes and 1 big crappie in these areas. Although these eyes ran on the small side, we had a very good time catching and releasing. Hard to believe that these eyes were not in these spots the day before but all of the sudden there they are. Kept enough fish for a mini fishfry. Special note, it was a pleasure spending a couple of mornings with my guest Ann, a very dedicated fishing lady who stuck it out with the weather, the lack of quality walleye, and me.

Back out today for some heavy scouting, next scheduled trip is Tuesday.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net