PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
08-13-2014, 06:37 AM
Another tough day on Tuesday as strong NNE winds were rolling and made for difficult boat control. Spending the day with guests Mike and Arthur, we started out working a hump that topped off at 8 foot and dropped to 13, same spot I had action on the day before and we managed 2 keepers and a couple of throw backs on Reeves weedless jigs tipped with fatheads. We then moved to a shallow rocky wind blown shelf that topped off at 4 foot and came up empty. Next move also produced nothing as we tried a large rocky point that dropped off to 12 foot, perfect conditions for that spot but nothing home. We then moved to the shallow (4 ft.) flats and worked the thick weeds, with 75 feet of anchor rope out we tried vertical jigging these weed patches with limited success as we managed 2 keeper eyes and 2 nice gills, these fish were caught using a 2 inch piece of crawler. Being that my guests were in need of enough fish for an evening fish fry, we then tried several cribs and found a good number of big crappie and another keeper eye. At days end, we had more than enough fish for their planned party. Thanks Mike and Arthur, it was a pleasure fishing with you guys, say hi to JZ for me.

Back out today, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net