PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Week

Red Childress
08-10-2014, 07:04 AM
Back in the saddle the next several days doing morning/evening trips chasing Esox with some hardcore guys. Hopefully, the upcoming funky weather will not negatively impact things.

Red Childress
08-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Looking like most trips will be cancelled over the next several days. I guess this what it is like living in the Rainforest.

lowbidder
08-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Well at least your hooks will be reeeeeally sharp when you get back on the water :D
It's been a crappy summer everywhere, but it seems you guys up north have had it worse for sure.

catfishonthelake
08-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Red we had a blast and despite fishing being a little slow we still managed to put a few toothy critters in the boat. We actually wound up packing-up and bolting Tuesday night to avoid camping in the monsoon, so no shore fishing report. Always appreciate your hard work and sharing your knowledge. We shall fish again.

Red Childress
08-16-2014, 07:13 AM
We grinded through a tough bite and hit a few fish which is all we could do. I am definitely going to pay attention to the next East wind to see what happens. It was still very enjoyable. Thanks again!

catfishonthelake
08-16-2014, 05:41 PM
Agreed. Always a pleasure man.

Red Childress
08-18-2014, 06:36 AM
We chased big trout on Friday and I managed to hook up with a big one only to get broken off when he pulled me into a flooded tree. Back at it tonite and tomorrow morning chasing Esox. Water levels have dropped some so we are going to give it a shot. More rain on the way for Wednesday and Thursday. :(

Red Childress
08-20-2014, 01:51 PM
We boated several nice bass and a few solid walleye the past couple of days even with a significant drop in river levels. I am still not seeing normal amounts of baitfish which could be the main reason why the bass/walleye bite have remained decent. The fish we have been catching have been super fat, however. 2 of them were regurgitating crayfish as we netted them. Musky fishing has still been a little slower than normal.

Red Childress
08-23-2014, 06:57 AM
Another day of nice bass but numbers were kinda low, however. No walleye or pike sightings but I did suffer a bite-off on a popper.....had to be a toothy critter to bite thru my 12# fluoro tippet as clean as he did. Last 2 trips of the summer coming up On Sunday and Monday.

lowbidder
08-31-2014, 07:31 PM
2 of them were regurgitating crayfish as we netted them.

That's how I figure out what color tube to throw :D