PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 8-07-2014

walleyemaxx
08-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Hi everyone,

With beautiful weather with light South East winds and mostly sunny skies I guided Dan and his son Jack from New York, staying at Deerfoot today. To say it was a good day would be an under statement. We caught a lot of walleyes and big walleyes. Both Dan and Jack caught their first walleyes ever and Dan also caught his biggest, a 22"er, which he released, and Jack topped that with his first ever northern. At days end we had tallied 16 walleyes keeping two, a slew of crappies and bluegills, northern, SM. bass, and perch. The fish are really starting to turn on so now is the time to be here.

With water temps at 74 degrees all day, We caught all the fish on mid depth wood and deeper wood. Wood seems to be the key. Used lead-free inline jigs tipped with leeches and hauled in a few on the slip bobber rig baited with minnows. The inline jigs go through the wood cover without snagging up every time so you spend more time fishing and less time tying on new jigs. I have a few openings remaining in August and Sept is booking up so call me for your day hunting walleyes on the Chippewa flowage. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx