PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for July 16

walleyemaxx
07-17-2014, 10:06 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided two bro's Jim and Les for a full day walleye hunt yesterday. We finally are in for some decent weather although still a little chilly for Summer. Day started out at 43 degrees but warmed up quickly with a clear sky. With a light North breeze we started catching all sorts of fish right away. The afternoon saw a weather change with lots of clouds moving through with warmer temps and a wind switch from the South West. All said and done we boated several walleyes, numerous bluegills, crappies, perch, SM. bass and even caught only the 2nd catfish from my boat ever. Most walleyes were under my 15" minimum I try to maintain and one was a 23"er that was released after some quick pictures were taken.

The water temps started out at 68 degrees but were up to 73 by late afternoon. With stable weather I hope we get stable water temps. Combined, that will improve the bite for everything. We caught all our fish in deeper wood cover areas using my new inline lead-free PROaggressive jig tipped with leeches and had a slip bobber rig out tipped with a minnow.

I have a few openings in July and August and am booking up fast for Sept. To secure your day on the water, give me a shout and we'll work up your day hunting walleyes. Thanks.

Walleyemaxx