PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Weekend on the TFF

Ruff Fish
05-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Hello all,

My beautiful young daughter and I have a tradition of spending Memorial Weekend in Mercer and calling it Father/Daughter weekend.

We were working on a bathroom remodel at my cabin, but still got out to fish on Saturday and Sunday. After hopping to a few different spots on Saturday, we found a good walleye area. I caught about 20 walleye and we kept our limits of "eaters". Caught 1 perch, too.

Sunday we went back to the same spot and had caught our limit in an hour or less. I had to beg the daughter to keep on fishing a little longer just for fun. Most walleye action that I've ever had on the TFF. A blast!

We didn't see one mosquito until Monday. As I was hooking up the boat to the truck to head back, I was absolutely mauled by the mosquitoes. From none, to a bazillion. Wow!

I had the good fortune to meet the Blue Ranger in front of Haven by the Falls, by the LOTF campground as I was mowing the lawn. If I had been thinking I'd have invited you in for a tour, or a beverage, Blue. It was a pleasure talking to you. Too bad I didn't have much info on the campground that you were looking for.

I hope everybody else had a great weekend, too! :)