View Full Version : Best Year ever

FlambeauFisher
05-28-2014, 12:14 PM
Had outstanding fishing on the TFF this past weekend. We fished for four days and our group of 4 limited out on walleyes every day. Our average size was excellent- between 15-22". The biggest was a dandy 25" eye which I took of photo of and then released (I like to keep the big female eyes spawning- would rather have smaller fish for the pan anyway)

Our group picked up plenty of smallmouth, the biggest of which was 19", a handful of keeper perch, and a couple of legal crappies. Also caught and released was a 12" musky and a mudpuppy. Rockbass and northern rounded out the catch.

We had a couple of guest's over for a shore lunch of fresh caught fish and deep fried duck strips, marinated and breaded (the ducks were shot on the TFF last fall) On Monday night we had a visit from a yearling black bear. Luckliy, we were able to scare it off without incident but very cool to see.

The only complaint I have of the whole weekend is that some thought it wise to dump their fish guts in the dumpster at the landing creating a nasty smelling situation all weekend.

Hope everyone else had a great holiday weekend!