PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
05-25-2014, 06:09 PM
The past two mornings was spent fishing for walleye one day and small mouth the other with very different results. Saturday morning, my two clients/friends, Philip and Denise Jones and I worked many different areas, depths, and structures for walleye and it seemed no matter what we tried or where we tried all we could find was smaller eyes along with a few small mouth, pike and a jumbo perch. After all our efforts, we managed only 3 keepers along with the big perch. I would personally like to thank this fine couple for presenting me with the tastiest bacon, whether it be turkey, pork, or Canadian, along with tubes of sausage and Braunschweiger Liverwurst, possibly the finest I have ever tasted, all from their farm. www.jonesdairyfarm.com. Special thanks to them for this wonderful gift. Sunday mornings action was altogether different as I spent the morning with clients Barry and Deb pounding the water for smallies. Using a variety of plastics and rapalas, we boated several, mostly all males in just about every spot that we tried. For the most part, the bass were all relating to rocky areas in 4 to 6 foot depths, couldn't really see that well in the water to determine if they were starting to make any spawning beds yet. Thanks to Barry and Deb for making it an enjoyable morning.

Back out tomorrow if weather permits, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net

byronbears84
05-25-2014, 08:37 PM
I saw a report a few days ago that you were using crawlers and fatheads. Did you have comparable success with the crawlers or where the fatheads significantly more productive? I fished the TFF most of last week and had good success on minnows and leeches, didnt have any crawlers to try. Thanks.

Don Pemble
05-26-2014, 05:49 AM
Most days the bite was 50/50, they were taking both crawler and fats.